Monday, April 16, 2012

Fruity & Cocoa Pebbles Krispie Treats

Yay! I'm back!

Well sort of. Let's see if I can pull this off...again.  And give me your feedback about the info, look and set up.

Every other month I'm charged with the food during the fellowship time at our church and I buy most of the things like bagels, cream cheese, fruit etc but love the chance to bake! Fruity Pebble and Cocoa Pebbles were on sale so I decided to make Rice Krispie treats with them. And you know when you eat the snacks your hands get all sticky...well, I had some leftover lollipop sticks so I made them into little pops. I used a medium sized biscuit cutter. You can use any type of cookie cutter and have your kids help. My son Braedan LOVES helping me!

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup butter or Crisco Separated
(I used Crisco because of dairy allergies in some of the kids at church)
2 packages big or mini marshmallows
6 cups Fruity Pebbles
6 cups Cocoa Pebbles
40 Lollipop Sticks
1 cup of green, blue & orange candy melts

DIRECTIONS:
1.Use a silplat on a 9x12-inch pan OR Spray an 9x12-inch pan with cooking spray  
2.In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter or Crisco. Gently stir the marshmallows, and allow to fully melt and blended. Remove pan from heat, and stir in the breakfast cereal until the cereal is completely coated with the melted marshmallows. Spread the mixture out into the prepared pan, refrigerate for 1 hour to set, and cut into shapes. Stick Krispie lollipop stick and dip into candy melts.





No comments:

Post a Comment